How do I apply for YSEP?
List of the universities which conclude Student Exchange Agreement with Tokyo Tech
How do I apply for YSEP?|
- Please consult with your academic advisor at your home university about the application for YSEP.
- Please contact the Student Exchange Office at your home university and obtain the necessary official approval. Without the approval from your home university, you cannot start the online application process.
Notice: We must receive an email from your home university's student exchange office about the approval of your application so that we can recognize your application as coming from one of our partner universities.
E-mail: application2ysep#jim.titech.ac.jp (Please change # to @ before sending.)
- We will send a unique ID and password for accessing the YSEP online application system to each applicant via email.
- Please prepare the following documents before starting your online application.
List of required documents for YSEP application:
|① Official Transcipt of your academic record in English (PDF)
Please include the guidelines of the grading system in English.
Please submit a transcipt from at least the last academic year.
|② Recommendation Letter from your academic advisor at your home university (free format) (PDF)
|③Vertification of Student Status at your home university (PDF)
Please certify your student status at your home university.
|④ Application for Tokyo Tech Student ID Card (WORD)
|⑤ Application of Certificate of Eligibility (Excel)
|⑥ Copy of Passport (PDF)
Page(s) that verify your name and nationality and show a photo.
If you don't have a passport at the time of application, please submit a copy upon receipt of the admissions result from Tokyo Tech.
|⑦ Official Test Results of TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS (PDF)
Or other official test which certifies the applicant's English proficiency and the conversion tables between the score of this test and TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS.
Native speakers of English are exempt from this requirements.
|⑧ Photograph (JPEG)
4.5x3.5cm, taken within the past six months, upper body, full-face, no caps or hats, and with a plain background
|⑨ Porfolio of your work (free file format)
Required only of architecture majors.
- Please choose three potential academic advisors at Tokyo Tech under whom you would like to conduct your research, utilizing the following researcher finder system.
Please be sure to choose Academic Advisors at Tokyo Tech whose title is "Professor", "Asociate Professor" or "Lecturer". Other academic staffs are not eligible to become YSEP Academic Advisors.
[Find Researchers] (Tokyo Tech STAR Search)
Useful web site for finding detailed information about each course conducted by Tokyo Tech academic staffs:
Tokyo Tech Open Course Ware (Tokyo Tech OCW)
- Start your online application at the following URL and submit/upload the required application materials by the application deadline indicated below.
|YSEP Focused on Research (YFR)
||YSEP Experiencing Japan (YEJ)
|End of February
(Japan Standard Time)
|Fall Semester: End of February
Spring Semester: August 15 of the previous year
(Japan Standard Time)
[Start Online Application] (Tokyo Institute of Technology Online Application System)
- create your own account and password.
- enter your own account and password.
- select "YSEP Application".
- enter your given ID and password for accessing the YSEP online application system.
- select "YSEP application" again.
- Please start YSEP Online Application.
(Sample) YSEP Online Application Form(PDF)
- The application result will be reported to you through your home university:
- by the end of April (for YFR/YEJ Fall Semester)
- by the end of October (for YEJ Spring Semester)
- Application for a Student Visa
When you become a successful candidate, Tokyo Tech will submit the Application for Certificate of Eligibility to the Immigration Office on your behalf. It will take 4 to 8 weeks for the certificate to be issued. After it is issued, Tokyo Tech will send it to you. With this certificate and your passport you can apply for your student visa at the Japanese Embassy or a Consulate in your country.
List of Universities concluding Student Exchange Agreement
List of universities which have concluded a student exchange agreement (which includes mutual tuition waiver provision) with Tokyo Tech.
Only universities with mark are available for YSEP.
: exchange of students under tuition waiver