What is YSEP?
- Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech) offers YSEP (Young Scientist Exchange Program), which gives you the unique opportunity to experience SOTSURON (Research Project) under direct guidance of an experienced professor as well as related subjects and Japanese language. From AY 2009-2010, we are conducting two YSEP programs named "YSEP Focused on Research" (YFR, 1 year program) and the "YSEP for Experiencing Japan"
(YEJ, half-year program).
The program is all conducted in English.
- YSEP Focused on Research: From September to next August
YSEP for Experiencing Japan Autumn Semester: From September to next February
YSEP for Experiencing Japan Spring Semester:From March to August
- YSEP Focused on Research: To have completed three years of undergraduate
study and not yet finished master course in your university when you will join YSEP.
YSEP for Experiencing Japan To have completed two and half years undergraduate study and not yet finished master course.
Fluency in English.
Be a student of a university with which Tokyo Tech has concluded Student Exchange Agreement. (If the agreement has been concluded between departments, only the students in the departments can apply.)
Deadline for Application:
- YSEP Focused on Research: End of February.
YSEP for Experiencing Japan Autumn Semester:End of February.
YSEP for Experiencing Japan Spring Semester:August 15 of the Pervious Year
- Students admitted to the program will be exempted from entrance and tuition fees based on the student exchange agreement between your university and Tokyo Tech.
They are also eligible to apply for a scholarship provided by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO), which will cover monthly stipend (80,000 yen).
Difference between two YSEP programs:
- Click here.